Wahoo! I was definitely not expecting this, and thank you so, so much to Anuj at The Daily Charade and Vesna at Confessions of an Irish Procrastinator for nominating me. Their posts are so meaningful and profound, I can’t even explain it. Many thanks to them for nominating my blog and being some of the first people to even start reading it.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions
- List these rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post.
My nominations are…
- The Musings of a Wanderer, with all her posts on Harry Potter and a fitting name.
- Writing&Stuff, whose poetic words I can easily relate to.
- Confessions of a Teenage Writer
- Nathi at Inorexable Spark
- Analee at Book Snacks, who I feel a little silly nominating since they have about 1,900 more followers than me, but I couldn’t leave out.
- Dusky Dawns
Ack I’m so sorry I’ve been trying desperately to find more people to nominate, but I don’t want to make this post take even longer by spending hours looking for nominations. Forgive me!
Questions from Anuj
1. Where do you see your blog in a year?
I see it as something that has evolved into better writing and I hope that over the next year, my posts will get better and better. Maybe I will have many more readers by that time.
2. Do you have a pet? (OR) What’s your favorite fantasy pet? (pictures mandatory)
I have a dog, Spike. He’s named that because of the spike of hair he has on his head that is caused by a scar. When he was a puppy, his legs were so short that he’d fall head over heels whenever he ran. My family adopted him, and he was the runt of the litter, the last of his siblings still without a home.
3. Music that means a lot to you, or made you some memories worth remembering, or got you through tough times?
Some songs that mean a lot to me are “In the Name of Love” by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha, “Grenade” by Bruno Mars, and “All is Beauty” by Jamie Lawson. I listen to them a lot when I’m sad. “All is Beauty” is really peaceful and tells a really beautiful story. I listen to the other two sometimes when I’m down.
4. What’s your trigger word, the one that you just HATE hearing?
Mine is moist, and I think a lot of people can agree with me on this one. It just sounds so… squelchy and slimy and gross. It perfectly describes its definition. Just… ew.
5. Favorite movie(s)?
My favorite movie of all time is 10 Things I Hate About You. I absolutely love it and will never tire of watching it over and over and over again. I was so mad when they took it off Netflix. My second favorite movie is Hacksaw Ridge. It’s so inspiring, especially since it is a true story. It’s amazing to know that there are people out there as selfless and courageous as that. I had a third favorite, but now I can’t remember what it was…
6. Current television obsession?
The other day, I binge watched almost a full season of this great show called One Day At A Time. I only went to sleep because it was 3 am. The show is really diverse and also pretty funny. One second I was laughing, the next I was crying. It’s super good, but they might take it off Netflix if more people don’t watch it!
7. The television/movie binge you’re most embarrassed/proud of?
Well, I don’t binge-watch much, but when the first season of Stranger Things came out, I would sit at the kitchen table eating Takis and drinking chocolate milk while I watched it on the IPad every night.
8. “There are two types of people in this world…” What’s your version?
The ones who prefer llamas… and the ones who prefer alpacas. I am a llama person, of course. Alpacas lovers are dweebs. I mean, llamas are absolute savages. Have you seen them spit?
9. Your go-to joke that you just know will kill at parties?
Is it bad that I don’t have one? I’m the one who just laughs hysterically at everyone else’s, but has nothing to contribute to the conversation. Needless to say, parties can be awkward for me.
10. When sleep fails you, what completely embarrassing memory from your childhood does your mind jump to?
When I was in fifth grade, my class had star of the week, meaning that we made a poster all about ourselves and got to decide what activity we had at free time. When it was my turn, I brought along a poster that I thought was super cool. I had a picture at the bottom of the page that I had covered with a piece of paper titled “stupid picture.” The picture was of me at about age three kissing my little sister on the cheek or something like that. For some reason, I thought it was cool to put it on the poster and cover it up. But my teacher started questioning me about it in front of the whole class and then asked that I take off the cover. So that picture was displayed for the whole class to see for the rest of the week. It doesn’t seem like a big deal now, but then, I was mortified.
11. How do you like your coffee?
Black. My mom always says that I’m a weird child because even she puts some half and half in hers, but I just take it how it is. I just like it better that way, for some strange reason.
Questions from Vesna
1. What’s your favorite animal and why?
Llamas, of course. I love them so much. I have llama pajamas, llama slippers, llama decorations, and even a llama decal on the computer I am typing this on.
2. If you had to be a character in any book who would you be?
Probably Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I love Hermione, and I would be her because she is so intelligent and great at magic. The only downside would be her complete inability to play Quidditch.
3. What habit would you like to kick?
Picking at my nails. My nails look terrible, and I can’t keep them nice and stop picking them apart. I’ve had the habit since preschool, and I’ve been trying to get rid of it for years.
4. What would you like to achieve before the year is out?
Hmmm…. many, many things. I would like to get better at writing and maybe even publish a book, for one.
5. If you could live in any known fictional land where would you live?
The wizarding world, obviously! I have this wish to be able to fly and cast spells and stuff. It’s absolute torture that I’m just a simple muggle.
6. What uplifting thought or quote do you live your life by?
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot. I love this quote so much. I’m actually using it for my eighth-grade graduation yearbook profile.
7. Share one thing that makes you really happy.
Something that makes me really happy is softball. I get to play with my friends, I get to improve, and I get to play a sport that I really love and am relatively good at. It’s also really awesome when I win, haha.
8. Share something you’re proud of.
I am proud of this blog. I never thought that I would actually write something online on a day-to-day basis and share it with the world. It’s an amazing feeling and I’m so glad that I am able to write and put myself out there.
9. Do you have any unusual party tricks?
Nope, considering I only go to a bunch of teenage girls’ birthday parties.
10. Who’s your favorite band?
My favorite band is probably Panic! At the Disco. I hadn’t even heard of them until last year, and then I became obsessed with them. They are so different from other artists and bands, but their music is awesome.
11. If you could fly or be invisible which would you choose?
I would choose fly. Sometimes I have dreams where I can fly, and it’s always really fascinating in the dream. It would also be super fun, not to mention convenient, to be able to fly everywhere. Invisible would be great too, but flying is most definitely better.
- If you could save one person from dying, who would it be?
- What is your greatest fear? (Mine is losing control.)
- Do you have any stuffed animals? If so, what is your favorite? I have many, but I don’t choose favorites because they all stuffies are born equal.
- Hogwarts house? Mine’s Gryffindor.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your greatest fault, in your opinion?
- When you were little, what was your best friend like?
- Share what the most meaningful gift you’ve ever been given is.
- What is something that you are ashamed of?
- In your family, who do you relate to the most?
- What is your favorite graphic novel? (Mine is Rapunzel’s Revenge by Shannon Hale)
I can’t wait to hear your responses (and of course you don’t have to accept, do whatever you want) and thanks again to the two phenomenal bloggers who nominated me.
Whatever I Write